Thursday, September 17, 2009

ZOMG!!!!

I'm back. I'm sure no one cares. Here are things you should see/not see based on what I've watched since my last update.

SEE
In Bruge
Star Trek
The Hangover
Drag Me to Hell
Inglorious Basterds
Observe and Report

MISS
Harry Potter 6
Revolver
City of Ember
Autopsy

There's a very small chance that I'm going to make my goal. It's in the single digits for sure. I'd need 72 more in the next 4.5 months, which would more than double my output for the first 8.5. It's not impossible, but improbable.

On to something new and different.

About a month ago my friend Rob came over to check out the new house while he was in town from Cali. We spent a good hour or so catching up on the deck, laughing and joking much like we have done for much of our relationship. Rob then busted out with a request that I simply just couldn't refuse. He and his fiance Ash are set to be wed next May, and asked me to preside over their nuptials. We had talked briefly about this about a year ago when Rob first announced his engagement to me and their very preliminary plans. Neither of them wanted a big church wedding, but something more along their tastes. I had suggested just having one of their friends get ordained online and take care of it that way. Fast forward one year later and it was coming true.

Yesterday I was looking through a blog that I frequent and happened across a link to http://www.dudeism.com/index.html For those uninitiated, this is a "religion" based on the teachings and practices of "The Dude" from the Big Lebowski. After Rob checked with the county clerks office, I quickly was ordained today and am one step closer to fulfilling my duties for my two friends. Mark it, Dude!

No comments: