Monday, December 15, 2008

Gambit

So, I found a talent that Gambit possessed early in his infancy. Through very little prompting from me, he would play fetch. He's taken with this little plush ball that has feathers coming out of the top. He'll carry that ball around in his mouth like it's a live catch and he's hunting for his family. He'll growl and hiss at Rouge if she is even in his eye line, let alone making a move towards his precious.

He has since chewed all the feathers off that ball so that now all that's left are a few tufts of what used to be feathers, but now resemble a few strands of dark troll hair. But he still loves that dumb ball all the same.

Last night we played fetch for about an hour. I would alternate throwing it into the office or into the dining room from my perch in the Captains chair. And he would sprint off to find it and recapture his prize. He would then prance back over to me and drop the ball close to my feet and wait for his next opportunity to fetch. At one point I threw it over his head, and he popped up and caught the damn thing in his mouth.

I say all this to dissuade all those cat haters out there that characterize them as cold and callus to humans and are only concerned with their own feelings. They like to play with us. They care if we are around.

I had this post ready to go last night, but held off on posting it. I figured I would spruce it up in the morning and then post it. The first interaction I had with Rouge was her jumping on my chest and cutting one of the stinkiest farts I have smelled out of her. And shortly after that Gambit was chasing the previously mentioned ball around the living room and unplugged the cable box. As you all know, that is a big no-no. He's been exiled to the dining room. But I did throw his ball in there for him before shutting him out of my life for a bit. Stupid cats. Just when you think they are learning, they show you that they don't give a fuck what you think.

No comments: