Monday, April 21, 2008

Tidbii

- I was chastised today for not blogging enough. Oddly enough it was by someone who themselves has slowed down in their blogging habbits. Suck on that one unnamed chastiser. So here is an update.

-Adie and I were invited to a screening of a documentary on Friday night. Adie's teacher friend's husband is a professor at IU who also produces documentaries. This was a near completed version of his latest doc about Veterans of the Vietnam War who have children in the Iraq War. It was well produced and thought provoking even in it's incomplete state. There was one of the Iraq vets who appeared in the film at the screening. He is a student at IU and was a very nice guy. Adie and I chatted with him after the film. He's a veteran, but younger than me. I'm thankful for those that chose to go into the armed service. It means I don't have to.

- We have a busy few weeks ahead of us. We are going to a wedding this coming weekend. Adie is going to another rowing meet the following weekend. Two weeks after that is the last rowing meet in Tennessee. I'm going to be turning up the tv and fan extra loud.

- I was hoping that it was just nothing, but Adie found mouse poo in the kitchen the last two days. It's more than a coincidence. So we purchased the old school traps and some poison today. If I thought there was any chance of us catching the thing alive I would, but having never seen any of it except it's leavings, the chances are slim.

- The Reds still suck. I could go on, but I think I've summed it up pretty well.

-That's all for tonight. I'll have a fresh review of the film I took in today in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to check under your sink around where your pipes go into the base of the cabinet. If there are gaps there, buy some steel wool (or fake "metallic" sponge type things) and stuff them in the gaps. We had a little poo when we first moved into our house but did that and haven't ever seen an actual mouse. Happy hunting!

Anonymous said...

jus wait, i'll bring my skewers with me when i visit!