Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tidbits

I realize that I have not updated in a while about what's been going on outside of my movie watching. Rather than try and type out a coherent post with some semblance of a story to tell, I'm just going to give some bullet points about what's been going through my head recently.

- I go through fazes in my life where I fixate on a certain food item and crave it constantly. For a time after high school I would go to Morgantown IGA at least 3 times a week and buy a pound of hamburger. I would fire up the George Foreman when I got home and eat every bit of the meat. Of course I would be so full that I wouldn't eat dinner. And this went on for months. I still could eat Hamburgers most every day. In fact I'll probably make some tonight.
Currently my obsession is Corned Beef. Kroger has had it on sale the past two weeks, trying to get rid of their stock after St. Patrick's Day. It's fairly cheap, and easy to cook. I've made 2 roasts in the past 10 days, and once again, may go and buy one to cook today. Daddy Joe told me yesterday that Shapiro's has upped their prices on their corned beef sandwiches to $10. Their beef is the best I have ever had, but I can get close to five pounds and cook it at home for that price. bargain baby.
- I have seen the Reese's peanut butter commercial featuring the Easter chocolate bunny dipping itself into the peanut butter. It seemed like a really good idea. I tried it yesterday. It sucked. False marketing.
- Adie is chaperoning a field trip through school at bradford woods. She was gone last night, and again tonight. This will affect my sleep schedule until she returns. One of my main reasons for never taking a nap is that I'm constantly paranoid about sleeping in an empty house. I end up having really paranoid dreams about someone breaking in.
It makes me feel better if anyone else is in the house. But without that I have a hard time falling asleep. It didn't help last night that I had two pepsi's with dinner and the caffine kicked in at around 11pm. I know it's completely irrational, but I hate sleeping in an empty house.
- The Reds lost 3 in a row to the Pirates. inexcusable. It's gonna be a long season if they can't score consistently. On the flip side from last season, the pitching is vastly improved and have only been blown out in one game. All the rest of the losses are in close games where no one can score. Either way they are still playing .500 ball.
- I can't wait for the NBA season to be over. Then Fox Sports Indiana will start showing lots more Red's games instead of Pacer games. The pacers suck. Hopefully they dodge the odds and get a decent draft pick this year.

That's all I can think of for now. It's halfway through April and it's still cold. Spring will be a short season this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the corned beef, especially from shapiros... but why no tidbit about joanie's wrist-acular drama, bidredcrunchie?