Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yeah, I know

I have been quite slack in my blogging over the past few months. I was quite busy with this little thing called my wedding, but now that that's over, I'm ready to re enter the blogosphere with some infrequent updates.

I've watched about 10 movies since my last update. I'm not going to update about all of the, mostly because I don't feel like it. I did see Pineapple Express, which I thought was really good. The best parts for me were the throw away lines that don't do anything for the story, but are still hilarious. I think my favorite one is when one of the guys calls his grandma and says "You lost all your money playing bid whist?" It's not really that funny on the page, but damn it cracked my shit up on the screen.

I also saw Foot Fist Way starring Danny McBride. I think he's going to be the next big star to pop out of the Judd Apatow crew. He has some memorable but hilarious parts in Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder. But Foot Fist Way is his main vehicle. And it's fucking hilarious. Check it out if you can find it. It's out on DVD or Netflix it. Do what ever you can.

The wedding went off without any major complications. I was quite shocked. I forgot a few things here and there, but nothing that anyone other than Adie and I noticed. Alan and Katie delivered very nice and very short toasts, no one was almost kicked out for public intoxication. We got some really good pictures, as well as some freaky ones that we ad libbed. Once we get the final shots back, I'll update with some of the better offerings. Adie says it was a perfect day, so I think I accomplished my goals.

Instead of going on a honeymoon right away, we decided to just have one really nice meal out. Between our limited budget and limited days off Adie could take off, we figured it was the most prudent option. We will still look to go somewhere over spring break, or during next summer. Anyway, we went to Restaurant Tallent here in town and it was awesome. Adie had some black truffle and goat cheese tortellini's and I had rabbit. I had never had rabbit before, but I figured that I could risk it in such an establishment. And it turned out really good. I'd eat there every night if I was rich as fuck, but I ain't, so it's Taco Bell instead.

Married life is really no different than my life before, except for a few key improvements. I now have health insurance for the first time since 1999. While I have not had the opportunity to make use of it yet, I rest better knowing that it is there just in case. I also have the privilege and honour of bringing one more Smith into the fold, as Adie has now changed her name. I know that I have done a good thing for all Smith's out there. I am afraid that the name will die out soon, so there is at least one more for now to carry the legacy on.

I also got to witness history yesterday as America elected Obama as their next president. I didn't think it was ever possible for Indiana to vote Democratic either, so it was a night of firsts. While it is not a fix that will make all the troubles go away over night, I do whole heartily believe that he is the best person to be in the White House to try and tackle all this crazy ass shit that's going on. Here's hoping he starts removing the ridiculous parts of the patriot act and starts repealing the no child left behind act. One can only hope.

I will attempt to keep up a better blogging schedule from here on out. I also need to ramp up my movie watching if I'm going to even come close to my goal of 120 for this year. I will now leave everyone with a word of wisdom from the prophet Lil' Wayne

"Your like a bitch with no ass, you ain't got shit."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"prudent" like Thorin