Thursday, January 24, 2008

3000 Miles

3000 Miles is a movie that was recommended to me by netflix. While a majority of the time their recommendations are pretty good, this one missed the mark. This documentary follows Bam Margera, Ryan Dunn, Tony Hawk, and a few others during the Gumball Rally. A 3000 mile road race spanning 8 days, the gumball is an annual test of endurance, stupidity, and recklessnesses.

My guess is that it was recommended to me because I rated Jackass and Jackass 2 so highly. While I did enjoy those films, this one was far from those. Mostly it was just boring road shots of nice cars speeding along. Occasionally the guys would stop and get some food or gas. I guess because a few of the people in this film are recognizable I should be intrigued with what they do. But overall it's pretty boring. Skip it.

No comments: