Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Gluttony

I have been telling people that I have hit a wall in the past few months when it comes to my DVD buying. It is my one true vice that holds over me. My DVD's were the first thing I unpacked when we moved. My collection is one of the only things that I categorize and alphabetize in my life. It is the "fad" that has taken hold of me the longest.

But my DVD buying comes with some self-enforced rules. I rarely buy new movies when they come out. I will only buy a movie at "full" price if it is something I am really excited about. And I say "full" because I would only buy them the first week they come out when they are cheaper. Most of the time I wait until stuff I want either is on sale used at Blockbuster or Netflix, find stuff at the pawn shops, or the cheap stuff at Best Buy.

In the past few months I have hit a wall though. Waiting for new releases that I want to be cheap takes about two or three months. I typically will get my fix by getting cheap stuff from Best Buy. But everything they are putting on sale I either don't want or already have. As recently as this weekend I lamented the fact that my collection isn't getting any better.

Well, I overcame the cold sweats and shakes this week. I went and lost my fool mind. Combined with some Amazon sales and a 50% off sale at Blockbuster I procured

1. Barton Fink
2. Miller's Crossing
3. Titus
4. 3:10 to Yuma
5. Hannibal Rising
6. Shoot Em' Up
7. Resident Evil: Extinction
8. Once
9. Gilmore Girls season 7
10. Kids in the Hall season 1
11. Kids in the Hall season 2
12. Kids in the Hall season 3
13. Kids in the Hall season 4
14. King of Kong
15. Hatchet
16. Because Stone Cold Said So (3 disc set)

On top of that, I fed my newest vice. I got 4 new autographed Reds Baseballs.

I think G Dubz would be proud. I am pre-spending my stimulus package money on frivolous items. But fuck it. Dumbass shouldn't give money to dumbass people and not expect dumbass decisions to be made because of it.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Shopping is your civic duty.

Anonymous said...

haha...love it! I haven't decided what to do with our windfall yet!