Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oscar Picks

We are having people over tomorow for the Oscar's and I wanted to get my picks out there before the awards start. I usually watch the show reguardless of who is nominated or hosting out of habit, but now that Jon Stewart is hosting and I actaully have seen and enjoyed alot of the movies that are nominated, I am looking forward to this year. So here are my picks. We'll see how well I do.

Best Picture - No Country for Old Men
Best Actor - Daniel Day Lewis in There Will be Blood
Best Actress - Ellen Page in Juno
Best Supporting Actor - Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men
Best Supporting Actress - Cate Blanchett in I'm Not There
Best Director - Coen Brothers for No country For old Men
Best Adapted Screenplay - No Country for Old Men
Best Original Screenplay - Juno
Cinematography - There Will Be Blood
Editing - No Country for Old Men
Art Direction - Sweeney Todd
Costume Design - Elizabeth: Golden Age
Make Up - Pirates of the Caribbean
Score - Ratatouille
Song - Something from Enchanted (cop out pick. I don't give a rat's ass, and they got 3 out of 5 noms. Play the odds people)
Sound - No Country
Visual Effects - Pirates of the Caribbean
Foreign Language - Mongol
Best Animated Feature - Ratatouille
Documentary - No end in sight
Documentary Short - Salim Baba
Best Animated Short - Meme les pigeons vont au paradis
Best Short Feature - The Tonto Woman

I'm completely guessing on the short and animated categories. I have no clue about most of the films. I picked all 24 major categories. I feel confident on about half of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Country For Old Men was one of the scariest movies I've seen in a long while. Kevin didn't tell me what the book was about at all, so I was covering my face and so nervous the whole time! Great, though.