Monday, February 25, 2008

Step Up 2, Step Up, Because I said So

I felt it was important with the Oscars approaching to bulk up on movies that fall far short of the academies awards.

We saw Step Up 2 on valentines day after a full meal of sit down service at the White Castle. It was also opening night for this film, and the theater was actually quite full. Now, I had not seen Step Up at this time, but felt confident that I would be able to keep up on the plot. While I cannot say that this was a great movie, it was entertaining and I enjoyed it. That's not to say that it wasn't filled with cliche's and stereotypes aplenty, but it had flashy dancing and some funny parts.

A week or so later we caught up on the story with Step Up. It is hard to imagine why they decided they needed another entry into this series after the first sucked so badly. It was boring, the dancing was terrible, there were way to many stupid montages, and the main girl in the movie wore the absolutely stupidest wardrobe I have ever seen. Props though to Lou that called who was going to get killed to catapult the last act way in advance. While I was hoping that he was right, I just didn't see a movie that had striven so hard to be boring and bland throwing in some random violence.

Adie got Because I said So from Netflix because it had Lauren Graham in it and it was girly. I watched it with her while I was fixing my computer so that I could pad my movie stats a little bit. Now I can admit that "chick flicks" rarely cross my path, and rarely do they actually entertain me. It's been known to happen though. This was not one of those times. Not only was the plot so contrived and filled with HUGE holes in logic, it was just stupid. It was obvious from the start how it was going to end, but took over an hour to get to the point that was obvious from the get go. It wasn't funny or new, so I label this one a huge pile of dud.

No comments: